Sunday 4 March 2012

Pizza Bases

I use this pizza base for all my pizzas, and once you have rolled it out onto a piece of stoneware and baked it, you will never want to go back!

It makes about 3 thin pizzas on a medium round stone or medium bar pan or 2 on the rectangle stone.  Don't need it all?  Wrap it in clingfilm and freeze until you need it next time! Or have a go at my Garlic Pizza Bread recipe with any leftovers.

Ingredients

500g strong white bread flour
7g dried yeast (one packet)
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
330ml lukewarm water

Method

1. Mix all the ingredients together in a Classic Batter Bowl to make a dough.

2. Remove to a floured surface (I use my flexible cutting mat to help avoid mess) and knead for about 5-10 minutes until smooth and elastic.

3. Sprinkle with a little more flour and leave for about 15 mins covered in clingfilm.

4. Roll out onto medium round stones, rectangle stones or medium bar pans using a baker's roller.

5. Add your toppings and cook for 10-15 mins in a hot oven (220°C) until golden and gorgeous!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing that material your blog is very useful. I’ll probably be back to read more.

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

I would be delighted if you left me a comment , so I know I'm not just speaking to myself!